The mission of advising is to assist Ferox in growth and development by implementing meaningful plans.
The Ferox Founding Board of Advisors is a body that provides non-binding strategic advice to the management of the organization. The informal nature of an advisory board gives greater flexibility in structure and management compared to the board of directors. Advising Ferox means delivering a premium product and service that is affordable with unbeatable nutrition. Ferox needs effective advising with the overall goal of driving consumer behavior, the cornerstone of Ferox’s success. Excellent and spectacular results will not accomplish if Ferox is not properly guided by you.
Roles and Responsibilities of Founding Advisors
On the Board of Advisors at Ferox, the founding advisor’s role is active rather than a passive, and the process of advising requires the following objectives to be met:
- Apply for Advisor position. Each Founding Advisor must be personally invested by providing $1000.00 in Ferox’s founding sponsor application. Each application receives a founding certificate.
- Oversee a department that is guided by your experience and speciality.
- Interpret and provide rationale for institutional policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Help Ferox define and develop realistic plans through schedule planning for each quarter for one year.
- Meet with Ferox at least once per month, if not weekly. Additionally, special sessions should be scheduled throughout the first fiscal year to ensure success is on track.
- Use and promote Ferox Brand products at home and at work.
- Monitor progress toward set goals and meet at least once each semester to review the progress toward completing the program and to discuss performance indicators.
- Make contacts to achieve personal interest in Ferox and team members as an individual.
- Maintain an up-to-date Advising Portfolio, with a summary record of performance to date ( reports, transcript, requirements completed, etc.), dates of conferences, notation of special circumstances, etc.
- Refer Ferox to other resources when barriers require intervention by other professionals.
Characteristics of Effective Advisors
Advisors who possess the following characteristics are most successful with Ferox:
- Passionate about health products and nutrition with pet food
- Interested in advising
- Demonstrates a concerned and caring attitude toward Ferox
- Exhibits effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Available to Ferox
- Frequent contact with Ferox team members
- Knowledgeable of your department’s regulations, policies, offerings, and procedures
- Monitors business and department progress
- Uses appropriate information sources and refers when necessary
- Engages in developmental advising versus simply course scheduling
Ferox is an equal partner in the advising process. Ferox is ultimately responsible for choices and decisions. We are expected to:
- Clarify values, abilities, interests, and goals for business and life.
- Contact and schedule regular appointments with you, each semester as required, and when in need of assistance
- Prepare for advising sessions and bring appropriate resources or materials. We are to maintain our own Advising Portfolio including our plan and other details.
- Come prepared advising sessions with a planned schedule for the forthcoming quarters.
- Become knowledgeable and adhere to institutional policies, procedures, requirements.
- Accept final responsibility for all decisions made.