Ferox Kitchen Supervisor Job Description:
1) Supervises and coordinates the activities of food preparation, kitchen, pantry, and storeroom personnel and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies: Plans or participates in planning menus, preparing and apportioning foods, and utilizing food surpluses and leftovers.
2) Specifies number of servings to be made from any food and drink product to control portion costs.
3) Supervises personnel, such as KITCHEN HELPER and volunteers, to ensure cleanliness of kitchen and equipment.
4) Supervises tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards.
5) Supervises workers engaged in inventory, storage, and distribution of foodstuffs and supplies.
6) Purchases foodstuffs, kitchen supplies, and equipment, or requisitions them from a Ferox purchasing agent.
7) Hires and discharges employees.
8) Trains new workers.
9) Performs other duties as described directly under the CEO.
10) May set prices to be charged for food items.
11) May meet with professional staff, customers, or client group to resolve menu inconsistencies or to plan menus for special occasions.
12) May assist dietitian to plan, change, test, and standardize recipes to increase number of servings prepared, patability, and digestibility.