Ferox STORE AND WAREHOUSE DIRECTOR Job Purpose:
The mission of the Store and Warehouse Director is the run our ecommerce platform and oversee that orders, deliveries, sales and execution are flawless, and implements systems and controls to help the company scale.
You will spend time in transportation and warehousing of goods. Processes orders and oversees cycle of order fulfillment. Responsible for making sure supplies, stock, materials, packages, and/or products are processed through the delivery and/or warehouse system efficiently and safely. Uses metrics and data to improve system quality, prevent bottle necking, and to reduce cost and labor using third-party shipping companies.
- Facilitate the shipping of products from one destination to another.
- Facilitate with vendors and delivery for food products into our warehouse.
- Develop warehouse systems and records for the Ferox store and warehouse to maximize sales, product inventory and to reduce overall product and labor costs.
- Oversee Ferox Couriers, arrange transportation, schedule staff, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay.
- Receives products and coordinates delivery.
- Prepares loads for shipment.
- Takes steps to avoid quality control issues.
- Makes sure warehouse capacity is kept at optimal levels.
- Manages activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met.
- Oversees inventory of goods and vehicles.
- Continually reviews freight costs, transportation rates, and/or the prices of raw materials to keep costs down where possible.
- Streamlines shipping and transportation processes.
Skills and Qualifications:
Problem-solving skills, Decision making ability, Organisational skills, Procedural mindset, Ability to prioritise, Understanding of quality management principles, Attention to detail, Ability to analyse data and understand connections, Talent for recognising the opportunities for process improvement in those connections, Management ability, Experience in logistics management preferred, Two-year degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred, Experience often may substitute for education